UFI welcomes Author Rebecca Zanetti. Thanks for Joining us!!
Top 5 Urban Fantasy Female Characters
A big thanks to Urban Fantasy Investigations for having me over to play today! I love tough female characters, and I love smart female characters even more. Add those two elements, and you have a pretty awesome combination. So, I was asked to name my top five urban fantasy female characters, and I had to stop and take a moment to narrow the list to five. Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games. I mean, how can you not love her? She sacrifices and takes on the bad guys for her family, and she’s smart. I like smart.
2. Eowyn, Lady of Rohan – Lord of the Rings. I like that’s she’s brave, tough, and somehow graceful all at once.
3. Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood. Sookie is one of a kind, and while she’s sweet and southern, that girl has bodies buried, now doesn’t she?
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I loved Buffy. Loved that she picked the bad boy every time, that she tried to remain true to who she was, even with the prophesies, and still let herself grow throughout the series.
5. River Tam from Firefly. She’s young, she’s wounded, and she’s a weapon. Even though that, and trying to save herself, she tries to be human and one of the Firefly family.
Growing up amid the glorious backdrops and winter wonderlands of the Pacific Northwest has given Rebecca fantastic scenery and adventures to weave into her stories. She resides in the wild north with her husband, children, and extended family who inspire her every day-or at the very least give her plenty of characters to write about.
Find Rebecca and her books
Sin Brothers #3
Amazon B&N BAM IndieBound iBooks
A betrayal he couldn't forget . . .__________________________________
For Nate Dean, love is a four-letter word. As part of a secret black-ops military unit, he and his brothers were genetically engineered by the government to be ruthless soldiers with an expiration date. They were loyal only to one another . . . until Nate laid eyes on the woman who stole his heart and blew his world apart. Now, years later, his family is still paying the price for his mistake. But as time runs out, there's only one person who can save his family: the very woman Nate swore he'd never trust again.
A love she couldn't deny . . .
The moment Audrey Madison spies Nate across a crowded ballroom, she can barely breathe. He's just as undeniably sexy as she remembers, yet there's an edge to him now that's as irresistible as it is dangerous. When he asks for her help, Audrey can't refuse. But she has secrets of her own-secrets that, if Nate ever discovers them, may cost them both their lives . . .
a Rafflecopter giveaway