Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Review: Destined by P.C. and Kristin Cast

Destined
Author:P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast
Release Date: October 25, 2011
Publisher: St. Martins Press
House of Night Book #9
ISBN:  0312650256
ISBN13: 9780312650254
Genre: Young Adult

Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet -- which would be a whole lot easier if the High Council saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together -- if he can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow.

But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans, including Lenobia's handsome horse whisperer, threatens their precarious stability. And then there's the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more -- or possibly less -- than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon. But Zoey can sense the part of his soul that remains human, the compassion that wars with his Dark calling. And there's something strangely familiar about him . . .

Will Neferet's true nature be revealed before she succeeds at extinguishing Light? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox's humanity in time to protect them all? Find out what's destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series

I really enjoyed the earlier books but I'm finding it harder and harder to want to read any more books in the House of Night series. I don't know if its because I'm a little older then when I started reading them or if I expect the characters to be a little more grown up/mature because of what they have been through and dealt with but I'm starting to despise the language and slang used in the books. "Bullpoopie" I mean really? Uggh I cringe when some of the characters open their mouths. I understand this is a Young adult series but this is book 9 most readers have been reading them for 4 years we have grown up a bit this is not how we talk. Speaking of book 9 and 4 years, How much more of the whole Neferet is evil doing evil things are we going to have to deal with? I think the storyline died a long time ago and its time to move on to a new evil person. Health back, but as someone else? How much more of him and Zoey will we have to go through? I thought we moved on from him in the last book when Stark brought her back. Its going to be as bad as Neferet, dragging the characters out past a reasonable point just isn't working for me. I'm sorry I just don't think I can stand to read another book with the same storyline so unless PC and Kristin finally put some of this overdrawn storyline to rest I'm done with House of Night.


I gave it 2/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by =)