UFI welcomes Liz Long Author of Witch Hearts. Thanks for Joining us!!
Hi everyone! Thank you so much to Stacy and Urban Fantasy Investigations for having me on her site today. I’m an indie writer with an intense love of unique fantasy stories. Supernatural, paranormal, whatever - if it’s got magic, I’m a fan. So far, I’ve written about supernatural circuses (Gifted, A Donovan Circus Novel) and now witch murders (Witch Hearts).
In honor of the new release, I wanted to give a little insight to my main character Ruby. Here are ten things about to know about Ruby Jackson when you read Witch Hearts (on Amazon as of April 30th!).
- She’s a neat freak and often hardcore cleans when bored, nervous, or upset.
- While all witches have magic, some have stronger powers than others – Ruby has mind control, a gift usually reserved for telepaths, though she calls them “mental suggestions”
- Her last relationship ended when Michael cheated on her, but she had already been thinking of ending things because he was too controlling and was paranoid about her using “mental suggestions” on him
- Several generations back, a witch in her family performed a spell that would make the descendants attractive, especially based on their amount of power
- Ruby prefers white wine (pinot grigio), though occasionally indulges in her best friend’s favorite drink of vodka cranberries
- Ruby is an assistant manager at an indie bookstore, though her dream job would be as an agent helping authors publish their books
- She is a very talented spell writer and potion maker
- She drives a red Prius
- Has a fear of heights and rats
- Has had a crush on her best friend’s older brother Cooper since they met
I hope that piques your interest a little! Thank you so much for reading and feel free to say hello on Twitter (@LizCLong) – I’d love to “meet” you and talk all things mystery and magic!
Witch Hearts is my upcoming release, on sale in late April. A supernatural thriller, this title is ideal for anyone who enjoys authors such as James Patterson and Charlaine Harris or TV shows and movies like “Criminal Minds,” “The Following,” “Kiss the Girls,” and “The Bone Collector.”
Liz Long is lucky enough to have a dream career in magazine publishing as an editor and writer, yet still have time to create adventures on the side. If you catch her staring off into space or talking to herself, don’t worry – it’s just her imagination at work.
Liz graduated from Longwood University with a BA in English, though her professors might be disappointed to hear she reads more fantasy fiction than literary novels. She also loves action and thriller genres. This book probably won’t change your life, but she hopes it steals you away from reality for a while.
Her newest release, Witch Hearts, will be for sale on Amazon on April 30th. Her first book, Gifted, a Donovan Circus Novel, is also available for paperback and Kindle on Amazon.
How does a witch stay safe if a killer can get through her protection spells?
Witches like Ruby and Courtney can take care of themselves. So when Courtney is murdered, Ruby’s world crashes to a halt. The only thing keeping her grounded is the return of Courtney’s brother, Cooper. He seeks revenge, but Ruby wants to help other witches stay alive. To do that, she’ll have to reunite with her old coven’s High Priest, who also happens to be her cheating ex-boyfriend.
If that wasn’t awkward enough, when the killer gets too close, Cooper temporarily moves into Ruby’s place while a police officer tails her every move. Cooper’s presence distracts Ruby as they fight their desire against their need to stay safe. Then Courtney begins to haunt Ruby’s dreams and secrets are spilled, things from Cooper’s past that could get them both killed. The killer continues to stalk Ruby and the more she discovers, the more she fears she won’t be able to keep her heart in her chest.