Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: Ardeur by Danielle Gavan

Ardeur
Author:Danielle Gavan
Release Date: August 15, 2011
Publisher: Red Hot Publishing
Abbey of Angels Book #1
ASIN:  B005HFK7SI
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Review Copy Source: Bewitching Book Tours
Born a necromancer.......Sold by parents who wanted a normal child, Ardeur Lisle now hosts a demon and was trained to be a killer for hire. As an adult possessed, dreaming of escape and of a kind face from her childhood helps keep her sane.

If she breaks free from her captors, what will this new world full of paranormal beings hold for her? Ridding herself of her demon parasite will be her first priority.

A promise kept...

Brody Callaghan never forgot the angelic blonde from his childhood. After years of military service, he swears to track down the face still haunting him from his youth.

But Brody has a furry secret of his own; one unveiled with each full moon. Will the two hold onto love with danger, deception, and an obsessed angel driving them apart?



I think the decription of the book is pretty straight forward so I skip the summary part of my review.

I didn't have any troubles getting right into the story. The plot was interesting and unique. The flow had some ups and downs every once in a while but it wasn't a big issue. There are a LOT of characters in ARDEUR. It took me a little bit to figure out who was who, I got really confused when the names started popping up one right after each other. There is an index in the beginning of the book but since its an e-copy its hard to flip back and forth while your reading. As far as the main characters went. I enjoyed Ardeur and the love interest Brody. They had remembered each other over the years and their love for each other comes out instantly. There was one scene when Ardeur and Brody first found each other again that I found to be written kinda badly. The whole situation was extremely awkward, uncomfortable and just didn't mesh with the characters personalities. With the exception of that one scene I found the other scenes between the two easy to get into. The romance was steamy when it needed to be and I felt their love for each other throughout. I would have liked to see some justice done to the people that originally held Ardeur captive, I think it would have done the things she went through justice but  I very much enjoyed the ending of the book. This looks to be one of those series that will have a different set of main characters for each book so I will see which character will be up next to decide if I will continue the series. 

I gave it 3/5 stars

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful review, Stacy. Azrael's (Rae)up next in the series. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the cover, it's beautiful and the book sounds wonderful. i can hardly wait to read it.

    trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tammy. Hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by =)