A Fierce Princess
Author: SE Rose
Release Date: May 24, 2019
The Poisoned Pawn Duet Book #1
Genre: Romance, Fantasy
Review Copy Source: NetGalley
One Princess. Two Lives. And a sinister secret that will change her world forever.
Princesses are supposed to be polite and poised. Princesses are supposed to put duty before self. Princesses are not supposed to live double lives.
Princess Susanna’s search to find her mother’s cherished crown that went missing the day she was killed is about to lead her on a quest to stop an assassin from killing a man. Only this isn’t any man, this man is a prince, a prince that has no idea that he’s royalty.
What happens when a princess attempts to save a prince? Can she keep him alive? Can she keep herself from falling for him?
I picked up A FIERCE PRINCESS on Netgalley because it sounded interesting and had the Sci Fi and Fantasy tag. I enjoyed it, but there wasn't any sci fi or fantasy to be seen. It does read a little like a fairytale, so maybe that's it?
I honestly don't know what I feel about A FIERCE PRINCESS. I read it, and enjoyed it, but when I look back I can see that it was just one of those reads I read because it was on my review list. If I would have purchased it, I might have been disappointed.
So, what I liked:
- I loved that Susanna was a princess with a secret hacker side. She was likable and I had no problem being in her head.
- The author did a good job portraying the emotions behind the death of Susanna's mother.
- Susanna's brothers were a nice addition to the story.
What I didn't like:
- Susanna thought she was some secret agent that could save someone from an assassin with no information to back that up. I mean, if she was some bad-ass that fights crime in her free time instead of a hacker I could see it. It just seemed really weird that she thought she was going to save him on a whim.
- The insta-romance was just ok. I didn't feel like we got to know Logan and I didn't feel like there was any development to make it more real. It just was with no real lead up.
- We get a bit of a slow start, then lots of stuff happening at once. No in between.
A FIERCE PRINCESS ends quite abruptly with a cliffhanger. I would love to say that I HAVE to read the next book, but besides wanting to know a little about what happens next, It's not going to be a must read for me.
I gave it 3/5 stars
* This book was provided free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.