Author: Cora Carmack
Release Date: August 27, 2019
Publisher: Tor Teen
Stormheart Book #2
Genre: YA Fantasy
Review Copy Source: Edelweiss
Princess or adventurer.
Duty or freedom.
Her Kingdom or the Stormhunter she loves.
If Aurora knows anything, it's that choices have consequences. To set things right, she joins a growing revolution on the streets of Pavan.
In disguise as the rebel Roar, she puts her knowledge of the palace to use to aid the rebellion. But the Rage season is at its peak and not a day passes without the skies raining down destruction. Yet these storms are different—they churn with darkness, and attack with a will that’s desperate and violent.
This feels like more than rage.
It feels like war.
It had been a while since I read book one, ROAR, so it took me a little bit to get back into the story.
What I liked....
- Still love the characters.
- Aurora's real identity comes out into the open.
- Some great action moments.
- Great ending.
What could have been better....
- It was a bit slow at times
- I didn't always love the switch in POV's.
- There wasn't a ton of surprises when it came to the plot. Kinda easy to figure out where things were going.
My likes outweighed my dislikes and RAGE was an enjoyable read. REIGN is on my wishlist.
I gave it 3.5/5 stars
* This book was provided free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.