Friday, April 29, 2011

Early Review: Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shift
Author:Jeri Smith-Ready
Release Date: May 3, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Shade Book #1
ISBN:  1416994084
ISBN13: 9781416994084
Genre: Young Adult
Review Source Copy: Simon & Schuster Galley Grab

Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.

Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.

As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.
SHADE left me wanting to read SHIFT and SHIFT left me wanting to read SHINE.  Poor Aura just has so much on her plate. She doesn't know exactly who she is or how she became who she is. The love of her life is dead and he wont pass on. She is falling for someone else that is actually living and doesn't know how to handle it. Her feelings take a big role in SHIFT, dissecting them and deciding what she wants. With the help of Zachary she finally starts to chip away at what her mom was hiding from everyone and who what she is and what happened at Newgrange. I really hope this is the end of Logan being in her life. I really like Aura and Zachary together and the more they find out and go through together the more they seem to belong to each other. I was shocked, delighted, heartbroken and attached to the story throughout the whole book. The final book is set up perfectly at the end and the conclusion I can already tell is going to be totally worth the wait.


I gave it 5/5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I have not read my copy of Shade, am waiting on my copy of Shift to come in the mail and have not ordered my copy of Shine yet but when have all three books am going to dive in and read them back to back..
    This trilogy just gets more interesting with every reviewers take on the stories and thanks Stacy for not being too spoilery I think, it is nice to get a "teaser insight" of what to expect before reading and you absolutely "teased" me for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by =)