UFI welcomes Phillipa Bornikova Author of The Linnet Ellery Series. Thanks for Joining us!!
THE TOP TEN REASONS WHY A HUMAN SHOULD WORK FOR A VAMPIRE LAW FIRM
10. You never have to worry about your computer crashing -- there aren’t any.
9. Your boss probably argued a case to the Supreme Court in 1840
8. Free dental plan.
7. Half the musty tomes in the firm’s law library were written by the partners.
6. Nobody ever has garlic breath.
5. You’re always the best looking person in the mirror.
4. An unlimited opportunity for overtime. Your boss never sleeps. Why should you?
3. You love the smell of fresh brewed blood in the morning.
2. “Human resources” takes on a whole new (and faintly disturbing) meaning.
1. You don’t have to worry about ever making partner since there will never be an opening.
Box Office Poison
Linnet Ellery #2
What happens when exquisitely beautiful elves start getting all the roles in Hollywood? Human actors sue, that’s what. In a desperate attempt to keep the squabbling inside the Screen Actors Guild from going public, the president of SAG forces the two sides into arbitration.
Enter Linnet Ellery, a human lawyer working for a vampire law firm, to serve as arbitrator. Linnet discovers that there are sinister forces at work in Tinsel Town determined to shatter the fragile peace between elves, vampires, werewolves, and humans. Someone has been coercing famous elven actors into committing sudden and terrible acts of violence against humans in a series of tragedies that could turn the tide of public opinion against all the supernatural Powers.
During the course of her investigations Linnet realizes that a puzzling secret surrounds her, and that a strange power has been affecting the very course of her life. . . .